[Answer ID: 14194]
Replacing the drive on DriveStation Duo
To replace a drive, users will need to perform the following:
- TURN OFF THE UNIT AND REMOVE ALL CABLES, then flip the unit over and remove the screws on the two fron teet.
- After unscrewing the two screws, the front panel will swing open.
- Swing the front panel off its hinges, and locate the drive bays.
- There is a plastic clip for the front LEDs blocking the drive bays, pull it straight out to remove it.
Be careful, it is fragile.
- Remove the combination SATA Data/Power connector from the drive being removing.
- Finally, unscrew the single screw holding the drive bay and slide it out.
To remove the drive from the bay, unscrew the two screws on the side.
- The drive has been removed.
***Follow the instructions in reverse to put a new drive in.
***Be careful with the plastic piece. If it is inserted properly it will slide in perfectly. Do not force it in!
***If the unit is in RAID 1, it will automatically rebuild itself onto the other drive. This can take several hours, possibly over 6. Leave the Drivestation Duo disconnected from the PC while it rebuilds the array.